White Clover Advantages In Lawns
- White Clover is immune to diseases.
- Generates its own food by fixing nitrogen in the soil which helps other plants growing in the lawn.
- Regenerates itself by spreading vegetative growth.
- Grows under sun and partial shade.
- It stays green all summer, with little or no watering.
- Reduces other weeds to grow – clovers Initial tap-root grows around 3 feet deep in the soil which wont allow other weeds to grow.
- Withstands normal Traffic.
- Requires little or no mowing.
- Attracts Pollinators – Clover attracts bees, which helps pollinate your garden .
- Inexpensive – Clover seeds are extremely inexpensive.
- Improves Soil Tilth – Clover’s roots improve friability of the soil very quickly improving water infiltration.
- It generally grows in a soil which is rich in nutrients so if it is growing randomly in your garden you can know your soil is high in nutrients.
- No fertilizer required – Because nitrogen fixes legume which creates its own fertilizer.
- If you need grass as your lawn then grow white clover on borders of lawn which requires less care than grass planted alone.
- Clover tolerates a wide variety of soil conditions.
- Feels soft, lushly and cool on bare feet.
- Grow clover in toxic pastures. It reduces the toxic effects.